There was a time when paintings were made to capture images and events. Time has changed and so has the technology of capturing images. Films captivate the audience and take them to a different world altogether. With clearer images and video technology, movie-making definition has revolutionized. A few features mark the evolution of HD, i.e., High Definition technology in movie making. These features are discussed below.
HD technology-features of cameras:
Technology has taken a leap from Standard Definition (SD) to High Definition (HD) in images and motion picture. The biggest difference remains the contrast in resolution of both the qualities.
- Resolution: The image quality of the standard definition is far lesser than that of high definition. Standard definition has a video resolution of 480 lines horizontally. High definition on the other hand, has a video resolution of 1080 lines, which can be either interlaced or progressive by nature. Each of these features is used in various categories of motion picture. 1080i is used for interlaced lines while 1080p is used for progressive lines. For example, 1080 p is used to capture moving images of a cricket match in which each detail of running movement can be scanned accordingly.
- Transmission: A standard definition movie can be transmitted via a CRT television, which normally transmits through horizontal and vertical lines. In high definition transmission, 1 and 0 combinations are used for transmission of images interlaced or progressive.
- Storage: High definition cameras have a lot more capacity to store than any standard definition camera. A high definition camera with 40 GB capacity can record up to five hours.
Types of professional cameras:
- AG-HVX200 from Panasonic: The camera is made up of the P2 tapeless system of recording. It can record in DVCPRO DV tapes by using DTE external drive media of the non-tape variety or P2 memory card.
- GYHD110U Mini DV Camcorder from JVC: This camera has interchangeable lens. It comes with 720 progressive scan features but does not offer interlaced feature. It can be recommended for those who prefer flexibility in lens and camcorders that are large.
- XH-A1 HDV Camcorder from Canon: Although, this camera does not have interchangeable lens, it is apt for low light recording. Many do not appreciate its eyecup design. Apart from this, this camera is used greatly for films made by students, documentaries and electronic newsgathering purpose.
- HDR-FX7 Camcorder from Sony: It is good for bright light with features like VID CMOS sensors. However, it cannot be recommended for low light recordings. It can be used to get rid ofcontrols of audio level that are external by nature and XLR inputs.
Nowadays, the concept of viewing has changed with 3-D technology and other amazing features that technology has to offer. HD movies have taken viewing experience to different level altogether. This bliss from the advancement in technology has very little to compare with.
The author Simon Hopes is an individual of repute. He is an ardent blogger and has written a plenitude of write-ups pertaining Peliculas gratis online on the premise of enumerable Online Movie show up huge fan following.